Main navigation

Luton Intermediate Care Rehabilitation Service

We provide assessments and rehabilitation within your own home and in the Luton rehabilitation beds. Our aim is to enable you to become as independent as possible after an illness or accident by supporting you after your discharge from hospital or helping to keep you at home so you do not have to go into hospital.

We will work with you, your family and any carers to provide treatment, advice and education for a wide range of conditions. Our team includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, therapy technicians/assistants, speech & language therapy, clinical psychology and stroke coordinators. We work closely with the Luton and Dunstable Hospital and other community services such as district nursing and social care, and will refer you to the appropriate service if your needs cannot be met by our team.

The Services we provide include:

We provide the following:

  • An assessment of how you are managing at home
  • Advice on how to increase and maintain your independence
  • A treatment programme, if appropriate, working towards greater independence
  • Equipment to improve your function and activities of daily living as part of your treatment programme

You are eligible for our service if you:

  • Are aged 18 and over
  • Are registered with a Luton GP
  • Are willing to work with us and actively participate in a rehabilitation programme

Unfortunately we won’t be able to see you if you:

  • Are under 18 years of age
  • Are not registered with a Luton GP
  • Are able to attend outpatient services (Luton CMSK)

We accept referrals from secondary care, GP’s, nurses and other healthcare professionals, social services and care agencies.

Where will I be seen for my appointment?

We will visit you wherever you live in Luton. This may be in your own home, a rehabilitation bed, a care home, or with your relatives.

We also case manage patients with acquired brain injuries (ABI) that require out of area specialist placements in the surrounding towns and counties.